Cybermedia Network Inc is international PR and communications firm specializing in the Internet industry. CyberMedia provides full PR and marketing services by online social media shows, producing effective and creative solutions for brands expanding into international markets. We are experts at supporting your products in the right market, and connecting your brand with the right audience.
JOB TITLE: Host/Hostess – online Television (NOC 5231)
WORK LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
Wages per hour: CAD $22.75
Hours of work per week: 35
Frequency of payment: bi-weekly
Days off per week: bi-weekly
Benefit: 2 week paid vacation
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Determine and launch music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast, and deliver commercial and public service bulletins.
2. Confidently act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduce and interview guests and administer proceedings of shows or programs
3. Read news, sports and weather for radio and television
4. Effectively broadcast weather conditions using information provided by weather forecasting services
5. Report on traffic conditions by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle
6. May present own material or material prepared by others.
Completion of a college radio or television arts program, Bachelor's degree or;
A combination of education and practical training, such as work at a college radio station
Talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type of performance
5 years or more experience in radio or television host work, news writing and broadcasting will be given priority;
Strong professional communication skills in English (fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an asset);
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgment; Reliability; Organized
Movement to occupations in journalism is possible for those with an educational background in journalism or a related field.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be informed that while we are thankful for your interests, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.